Monday, March 14, 2011

DLC #8

Challenge #8

I created an account at Animoto and created a music video with pictures and sound.  I  have always wondered how people do this and it was so easy!!  I can create 30 second videos for free and for a small price per month, longer ones.  Then I can share these videos with family and friends.  I definitely will make another.  At school, I can see this being used to highlight special projects, field trips, the science fair, the MCBA party, etc.  Very cool!  Is this how Christine puts her videos together on the Swift River School page?

Next, I read about a Prezi and that sounded helpful for presentations.  Sometimes presentations can be so boring.  It lets you use ideas, video, and images to tell your story.  You can also zoom in and out.  It's all done on a huge white board, without slides.  Something I may try in the future.

I also watched a video on "Wikis in Plain English".  Now I understand what a wiki is and how it makes more sense to set up a wiki instead of sending emails because you can edit, write, and save.  I liked the example of the camping trip and it was easy to edit, write, and save so that the campers had everything they needed for their trip.  Is this similar to google docs that we looked at earlier on in the challenge?

Lastly, I viewed Voicethread and will get back to you soon and let you know how that went as soon as I complete it.  Challenge #8 almost complete.  Yahoo!  Don't forget to check out my video from Animoto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment