Sunday, January 30, 2011

DLC #6 Thoughts About the Challenge & Job Alike

At first I was unable to post a comment, but then realized that I probably had to be signed in to Blogger and that was the case.  So far I have enjoyed the Digital Literacy Challenge!  I have been introduced to so much technology that I had no idea existed.  It's been fun creating the word cloud, setting up my blog, creating a music station, and creating a google document together as a staff.  I have also enjoyed exploring podcasts and videos to enhance my lessons.

The January 5th Job Alike at Erving was okay.  I signed up for Petting Zoo and did have the chance to try out the ipod touch and ipad.  I had never used an ipod touch before, and it took me a few minutes to learn how to navigate. Yikes!  I better get with it!  I felt like an idiot for a few moments. Trudy and I tried a little recording, but had some questions about how to use that specific camcorder, because it was different than the one I own.  I also checked out another type of document camera, but it was very fuzzy.  It was not an ELMO, and was very difficult to focus.  I guess I would have loved a little more modeling before sending us off.  Even if we had a brief explanantion at two stations and then had time to explore.  Then move to two more stations, get an explanation, and then try out.  For myself, and not having much prior knowledge of the items, it was kind of frustrating.  I actually want to learn how to create a link to a Title I page that I would like to create in the future and how to make a power point presentation.    

No comments:

Post a Comment